Alpenglow for iOS v9.0 Released
Alpenglow v9.0 for iOS brings a bunch of iOS 17 features to the app and lays the groundwork for a bunch of future enhancements that are currently in the works behind the scenes.
Don't forget you can also share you Alpenglow Pro subscription with family members via Family Sharing.
The highlights for v9.0...
- Support for Interactive Widgets, switch between Sunrise and Sunset within Forecast Widgets.
- Add Alpenglow Widgets to Standby Mode.
- Forecast Widgets now use the full range of color for the background.
- Added the ability to rotate the map for even easier planning.
- You can now share forecasts within the Outlook tab.
- You can now use Alpenglow in Landscape on iPhone.
- Support for Lock Screen Widgets on iPad.
- New watchOS 10 Redesign
- watchOS Complications have been rebuilt.
- Support for watchOS Smart Stack.
- Improved support for Shortcuts.
- Long press on an upcoming event to start a Live Activity.
- When you lose connectivity Widgets will continue to show Forecasts rather than displaying an upgrade message incorrectly.
- Recent Locations are now deduplicated when selecting a location.
- Times within the Outlook tab will now use the locations' timezone, matching times shown elsewhere in the app unless "Use Device Timezone" is selected.
- Easily manage your Alpenglow Pro subscription via the "Manage Subscription" option in the More tab.
- Various Bug Fixes.
Note: I am aware of a potential issue on watchOS 10 where watchOS 10 doesn't present the location permissions dialog for some instances of the app. This is a bug within watchOS itself and has been reported to Apple by multiple developers in the hope it can be resolved or a workaround suggested in the meantime.